ACPI integration

Pierre Ossman drzeus-list at drzeus.cx
Mon Oct 3 05:54:19 PDT 2005

Alan Hourihane wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 12:53 +0200, Pierre Ossman wrote:
>
>>Probably yes. But when I start the X server manually it doesn't open
>>either of these. So it must depend on some configuration parameter. The
>>graphical boot doesn't run for very long so it isn't critical that it
>>can use this new feature.
>

> I'm not sure what you mean by 'doesn't open either of these'. Post a log
> to show what you think is happening.

It doesn't open either '/proc/acpi/events' or '/var/run/acpid.socket'.

Further testing seems to indicate that this is a race condition between
the first X server (graphical boot) and the second (normal usage). It
only happens on some boots and if I restart the X server it always opens
 an acpi connection. So I assumed incorrectly that there was a
configuration for this.

I'll post a bug in Red Hat's bugzilla about their start up scripts.

Rgds
Pierre