Need advice: Mobile ATI card with 'shared' memory - EXA performance?

Dan dan at entropy.homelinux.org
Wed Nov 30 15:52:12 PST 2005

Alex Deucher wrote:

>>An issue
>>might be that there's no RENDER acceleration for R300 class cards yet.

I can live with temporary ( medium-term ) lack of support.

>plus no one has gotten the DRI working yet on r300 class IGP chips, so
>it's unclear whether or not we'll even be able to do render accel on
>them.

Ouch! This doesn't sound so good. That actually changes my mind - I'm
now favouring nVidia. I simply can't deal with no DRI as well as no
render acceleration.

Someone please reply to this thread if this situation changes, as I will
change my mind back ...

Dan