RC3 to be cut on Friday 2 Dec 2005

Kevin E Martin kem at freedesktop.org
Wed Nov 30 11:48:24 PST 2005

After discussing the release status, the release managers feel that
there are still too many bugs that need to be fixed.  We decided to cut
another release candidate on Friday to give us time to work through the
blocker bugs.  Note that after RC3 is cut on Friday, only critical
release blockers and documentation updates will be allowed into the
release.  Between now and Friday, we will be reviewing each of the bugs
on the blocker bug list.  If there are critical bugs that you would like
to have us review, please add them to the blocker list before Friday.

The updated schedule (from http://wiki.x.org/wiki/X11R6970ReleasePlan)
is listed below:

  4 Jul 2005: Feature freeze for the monolithic source tree
  1 Aug 2005: RC0 (Release Candidate 0)
 18 Oct 2005: RC1 (Full release candidate)
  9 Nov 2005: RC2 (Code Freeze)
  2 Dec 2005: RC3
  9 Dec 2005: Copy ,v files from monolithic to modular tree
 14 Nov 2005: Finalize tree (only documentation changes allowed)
 21 Dec 2005: X11R6.9/X11R7 Release

Alan Coopersmith
Adam Jackson
Kevin E. Martin