rc2: "please test" - needs pointers for r300

Felix Kühling fxkuehl at gmx.de
Mon Nov 28 13:14:34 PST 2005

Am Montag, den 28.11.2005, 15:12 -0500 schrieb Alex Deucher:
> On 11/28/05, Dexter Filmore <Dexter.Filmore at gmx.de> wrote:
> >
> > I compiled 6.9RC2 on my tinker-VM yesterday, apparently works fine.
> > Now I'd like to go the whole 9 yards and install RC2 to test the r300 driver
> > with kernel 2.6.14.
> >
> > Now - what do I need? On freenode I was told I need DRM from CVS, so I had a
> > look at the build instructions.
> >
> > 1.Do I need to recompile Mesa as well?
> > 2. After installing DRM, do I need to recompile the kernel?
> > 3. Anything else I forgot?
> >

> follow these instructions:
> http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/Building

Note that these instructions refer to bits and pieces from Xorg, Mesa
and DRM CVS HEAD. This is not 6.9 RC2.

The thing about Xorg 6.9 is that it's monolithic. This means, it should
include everything needed, including Mesa and DRM. I'm not sure what the
status of the DRM in Xorg 6.9 is WRT to R300 support, but I'd just give
it a try.

Regards,
  Felix

> Alex
>
> > Dex
> >

> > --
> >
> > http://www.againsttcpa.com - nothing fights like the opposition

| Felix Kühling <fxkuehl at gmx.de>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |