Fine-grained access control -- XACE, XSELinux and X security

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Mon Nov 28 09:41:42 PST 2005

On Monday 28 November 2005 10:25, Bryan Ericson wrote:
> Hi, Mark
> Again, we intend to release new XACE and XSELinux patches for Xorg 7
> in the near future.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

I haven't had the chance to look at these in any detail.  Do they reuse any of
the existing infrastructure (hacks really) for the SECURITY extension?  Would
it be possible to implement the one in terms of the other?  I'm not
particularly keen on keeping the old security extension, but it sounds like
XACE is strong enough to emulate the old extension as a policy, which might
be a lot cleaner.

- ajax