Why X protocol/server forbid zero width/height?

Miles Bader miles.bader at necel.com
Wed Nov 23 19:27:09 PST 2005

Ben Skeggs <darktama at iinet.net.au> writes:
>> If a user was to manually resize a window to zero size, it might disappear
>> without any way of resizing it.
>
> I imagine that whatever window manager was running would have window
> decorations of a "sane" size to prevent that.

What about window managers like the old "uwm" -- I seem to recall it had
no window decorations at all (it's been a long time since I used it
though)?  I guess few people use uwm these days, but I'd think it would
have been a major consideration in the early days of X11.

-Miles
--
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.  -- Steven Wright