Web site and file issues.

Daniel Stone daniel at freedesktop.org
Wed Nov 23 15:18:06 PST 2005

On Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 07:13:10AM +0800, Mr E_T wrote:
> Thanx - But the modular X11 is in a lot of pieces instead of just the base 11
> packages.

'Base 11 packages'?  There was only ever one tarball.

> This has just confused the build even more than the old imake system.

This is something that distributors (including myself) have consistently
and repeatedly pushed for.  If you must build X yourself, I suggest you
investigate tools like jhbuild, which will let you build the entire
thing with a single command.  A 'build.sh' script is also provided in
the util/modular CVS directory to build the entire thing from a CVS
checkout.