Web site and file issues.

Mr E_T troll at arach.net.au
Wed Nov 23 14:46:34 PST 2005

What happened to the X.org website?

The old one was easier to navigate.

There is no access to browse available files - you can only get listed files.
Ftp or http access to the file tree would be easier to navigate.

also - the new modularised plan - can you get the modules in monolithic tarballs
or do you have to get the all the individual tarballs seperately.

I am concerned because I dont use gnome because of this.

I use kde because I can get the files in monolithic tar balls.

If X.org is going this way then I would be looking elsewhere again.

I started using x.org because it was a cleaner source tree than XFree86
But it seems to be getting complicated again. ( I hope that I am wrong )

--
regs MR E_T