Lock-ups with Radeon and xorg 6.9

Thu, 17 Nov 2005 21:57:35 +0100 diegocalleja at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 12:57:35 PST 2005

El Thu, 17 Nov 2005 20:38:15 +0100,
Alexej Davidov <alexej.davidov at gmx.net> escribió:

> Finally got fglrx working. Unfortunately it didn't fix my problem.
> Starting xorg's radeon driver after fglrx was running, still locks up
> the system. The lockup is not that complete, however. Eg. hd led still
> flashing and sysrq keys respond. But screen is still black and keyboard
> stuck.

I've seen the same here. I was using 2.6.14 and everything worked great,
rebooted to 2.6.15-rc1 and everything worked. Did a "cold boot" and
then it didn't work - the box was alive but x wasn't starting (X.org's CVS),
and I didn't see nothing in dmesgs.

I removed the AGP module and everything worked again so I thought it
was a kernel issue in the agp module (serverworks chipset, 9200 SE
BTW).