How to activate extramodes

Sagara Wijetunga sagaralists2 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 16 08:19:40 PST 2005

                    Hi all

 I have put some 16:10 Modelines to
 programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/etc/extramodes and recompiled and reinstalled the xorg. But I cannot get the resolution I want (1680x1050) unless I redefine the same Modelines under the Monitor Section of the xorg.conf.

 How do I refer to Modelines I defined under the extramodes by specifying only the (Modes   "1680x1050") under the Display SubSection?

 How to verify the Modelines I defined in the  extramodes is included into xorg? Is there a way to list Modelines?

 Any help in this regard is appreciated very much.

 Many thanks in advance.

 Kind Regards
 Sagara