CVS Update: xc (branch: trunk)

Kevin E Martin kem at freedesktop.org
Fri Nov 11 07:56:45 PST 2005

As noted in the RC2 announcement, we are in a code freeze now.  Please
do not check anything in that has not had a release manager's prior
approval!

Here's an excerpt from the announcement for those who might have missed
it:

Now that we have tagged RC2, we are in a code freeze, which means that
the only people who may check-in bug fixes are one of the three release
managers or those people who a release manager designates to check-in an
approved bug.  If fixes not yet approved are checked in, they will be
backed out.

The process for having bug fixes approved for check-in is to file the
bug in bugzilla, mark it as a blocker of the release bug and set the
"6.9/7.0" flag to "?" on the attachment with the patch.  The release
managers will review the bugs blocking the release every few days and
add their comments in bugzilla.  If approval is given and the release
manager designates you as the person to check-in the fix, only then may
you check it in.  If you have any questions about your bugs or patches,
please ask one of the release managers on the xorg at lists.freedesktop.org
mailing list.

As for the change below, I'll go ahead and approve the patch.