ZAxisMapping causing trouble

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Thu Nov 10 03:16:50 PST 2005

On Nov 09, 05 10:00:12 -0800, Kean Johnston wrote:
> >I, personally, would vote for this approach, and it seems to me that
> >would include your (hard coded AFAICS) mapping in the OS-layer as well.
> >Or did I missread something and wheel events are mapped to different
> >buttons than 4 + 5 in your code? I don't know your OS...
> Yes. On OSR5, for example, wheel forward is button 7 and wheel
> back is button 8. So I have to create an InputDevice map that
> maps those buttons to 4 and 5, else just about everything breaks.

I should read more carefully...
If I understand you correctly (now), you're saying that the hardware
mouse driver creates raw button events 7 + 8 for the wheel, but the
software would like to see 4 + 5, right?

In that case remapping buttons 7 + 8 to wheel events is indeed the right
solution. Still we should have the ButtonMapping default changed as
well. I would tag the bug report for inclusion in that case.

> >One could argue about that, but in general I do not like fixed
> >constants.  Maybe someone wants the wheel to generate mouse button 1 and
> >2 events (sounds insane, I know, I only noticed that the mouse driver
> >had bugs here and checked this out for testing ;)
> The mouse driver has bugs? :) Bite your tongue lol.

I'm a polite guy ;)

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>       __        __   __