Independent coordinates in X input extension

Tue Nov 8 19:33:44 PST 2005

Hi,

I'd like to ask all those with more insight of the Xorg source tree
for a quick help:

What I'd like to have is X input extension events with separate
coordinate counters for each device. As it is at the moment, although
the input extension sends events with distinctive deviceids to the
client, those devices do not have independent coordinates. That is,
mouse0 moves the cursor to 10/10, mouse1 then moves the cursor
further on to 20/20.

What I'd need is this independent coordinate counter. I don't require
multiple cursor states in the X server (as of yet), but just the
option to modify the packet before it leaves the server.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find the location where the
packet is sent to the client, so I'd like to ask you for a short
advise where to start looking for.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
   Peter