Need review for #3180 please

Mon Nov 7 19:34:20 PST 2005

Kean Johnston wrote:
>>  - programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/parser/Monitor.c:  I'm curious
>>    why you change the default for SCO to uncommenting the monitor
>>    ranges by default - seems strange to be a OS-specific option.
>
> PS I remember now why I made this change :)
> Without it, using xorgcfg, if you set horizontal and vertical
> ranges, they get ignored becuase they are written out as
> comments.

So it should probably depend on whether or not it's being called from
xorgcfg, not #ifdef'ed per OS - perhaps adding a boolean to XF86ConfMonitorRec
to specify whether the numbers were being overridden and have xorgcfg
set that when needed - unfortunately, I'm not familiar enough with this
part of the system to know how good an idea that is.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com