Need review for #3180 please

Kean Johnston kean at armory.com
Mon Nov 7 18:24:50 PST 2005

>  - lib/X11/XKeysymDB: Shouldn't the SCO keysyms be in the range
>    reserved for vendor additions?  (0x10000000 to 0x1FFFFFFF).
>    The values you've listed are in the range reserved for X.Org
>    to assign, which should be restricted to the Architecture Working
>    Group.
I added those values based on what the SCO X11R5 X server had.
We've long since laid off the people who did that work so I dont
know why they chose what they did or even what the effect would
be if I left them out. I could have sworn I needed them for
something though :) I can easily add that stuff to the file
in packaging and not touch the base X source. In fact, I think
I will do just that, so I will not make that change.

>  - programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/parser/Monitor.c:  I'm curious
>    why you change the default for SCO to uncommenting the monitor
>    ranges by default - seems strange to be a OS-specific option.
If its OK with you I can make it non-OS specific. A while back
we had a discussion about this, and I can't remember the outcome.
I didn't want to rock the boat for other users, so I was being
careful to make SCO-specific changes just that - SCO specific.
What would you like me to do? Leave it SCO specific for now
for the RC2 cut and we can debate making it generic? Make it
generic now?

>  - programs/xterm/main.c:  This should be reported to Thomas Dickey.
>    We're just mirroring his xterm sources in Xorg right now for 6.9,
>    and telling users to pull directly from his sources for the
>    modular builds.
Ok ... I will send that directly to him. When you say you mirror
it for 6.9, does that mean I shouldn't commit as well as submit
to him? Or commit to the xorg repository *and* submit?

Once you tell me what to do with these last two issues I will
commit, hopefully tonight. Thank you very much for spending the
time reviewing.

PS. Did you notice the bit about ZAxisMapping and see my other
mail about it?

Kean
--
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Attack Ships on fire off the shores of Orion.