Update on RC2

Brian Paul brian.paul at tungstengraphics.com
Mon Nov 7 10:04:15 PST 2005

Kevin E Martin wrote:
> X11R6.9/X11R7 release candidate 2 (RC2) is scheduled to be tagged this
> Wednesday (9 Nov 2005).  The release managers will be working on the
> release on Wednesday, so we ask that everyone who wants their patches
> included in RC2 to have them checked in no later than Tuesday evening.
>
> Also, we would like to remind everyone that after RC2 is tagged, all CVS
> check-ins must be approved by one of the release managers.  To have your
> patches reviewed, we will need you to put them into fdo's bugzilla and
> mark them as blockers of the release bug (1690).  When we make the RC2
> announcement, we will provide more information on the approval process.

I see that the Mesa 6.4 release has been incorporated.  I'm not sure
who's been doing that, but thanks!

There's a few things I'd like to see changed though:

1. Remove all the EGL stuff in extras/Mesa/include/GLES/ and
extras/Mesa/src/egl/.  The code is just too young/raw to go out in a
release.  The EGL_MESA_screen_surface extension stuff, in particular,
will cause grief if it goes out because it's unfinished.

2. Remove non-applicable Mesa drivers in
extras/Mesa/src/mesa/drivers/beos/, d3d/, and dos/

3. Remove extras/Mesa/include/GLView.h  (BeOS only)

It looks like extras/Mesa/XOrg-Xlist lists the directories and files
to be omitted, so the above should be added there.

Thanks.

-Brian