Need review for #3180 please

Kean Johnston kean at armory.com
Mon Nov 7 08:31:08 PST 2005

> - Have you been able to test your patch on other platforms?  Since there
>   are changes to the platform independent code, it would be good to
>   verify that there are no regressions introduced.
Unfortunately, not yet. I had to re-appropriate my linux box for
a test target, but before I did, which was only a few weeks ago
and the patch wasn't substantially different, things were working
fine. In fact IIRC all the changes since then were to the usl and
sco OS support layer, and the one change to os/utils.c to add
pread/pwrite emulation so Xprint would compile. I realize thats
a less authorotative answer than may be desirable, but there we are :)

> - Have you been able to test with the modular tree?  I see at least one
>   issue so far: Xsession --> Xsession.cpp will require changes to the
>   modular tree.
No, I haven't touched the modular tree at all yet. That was going
to be my immediate next task, once this was in 6.9. I am guessing
that even though the file locations will be considerably different,
that the patches will be substantively identical. However, I do
anticipate having additional issues with the modular tree getting
autoconf to play nicely.

> For everyone reviewing this patch, the comments in the ChangeLog patch
> are very helpful (thanks Kean!).
You're welcome :) Glad they help.

Kean