ZAxisMapping causing trouble

Kean Johnston kean at armory.com
Sun Nov 6 16:30:47 PST 2005

Hi All,

The default setting of ZAxisMapping in input/mouse/mouse.c is
causing me problems. In the OS specific layer, I set up the
correct map for dealing with wheel buttons, and setting the
default ZAxisMapping to "4 5 6 7" in mouse.c is thwarting that.
I can understand it being ejected as a default setting in
xf86Configure.c, but having it in mouse.c seems like the
wrong thing.

This was changed on 15 August by Alan. Alan, would you have
and problem with me changing the default to a NULL string in
mouse.c so that it interprets the value if its set, but
doesn't set the default?

Kean