X.org 6.8.2 and Unichrome

Hugo Mills hugo-xorg at carfax.org.uk
Wed Nov 2 08:46:02 PST 2005

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 04:20:47PM +0000, Ivor Hewitt wrote:
> Well the xine log looks ok to me... but I don't know much about xine, so you
> may want to drop them a line directly. Maybe it's possible to get more
> verbose logging.
>
> Do you see this same behaviour with mplayer?

   I haven't tried with mplayer. I'll try building it and report back.

> Also, what's using the cpu? is it xine or X?

   xine is about 65-75% for most of the time; X is somewhere around
15%, according to top.

> Finally... what have you changed? I assume this was working fine for you
> with an older setup. Is this a completely new build or have you just
> updated X and/or xine?

   It's a new build. I had it working with Debian's XFree86 4.3
packages, plus the Unichrome from [1].

   I tried upgrading to the 6.8.99.901 in Debian's experimental
archive on my old (mostly-working) configuration, since I understand
that 6.9 will have working Unichrome support, but the X server throws
a SIGILL shortly after start-up. I suspect a build problem. I then
made a mess of things trying to downgrade, so I started again, with
the X from unstable (6.8.2).

   Hugo.

[1] http://www.physik.fu-berlin.de/~glaweh/debian/

--
=== Hugo Mills: hugo at ... carfax.org.uk | darksatanic.net | lug.org.uk ===
  PGP key: 1C335860 from wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net or http://www.carfax.org.uk