Trouble firing up DRI with a PCI ATi Rage Mobility M

Joshua Coombs jcoombs at gwi.net
Wed Nov 2 07:15:20 PST 2005

"Joshua Coombs" <jcoombs at gwi.net> wrote in message
news:dk5da9$i6p$1 at sea.gmane.org...
> I'm running FreeBSD 6.0RC1, xorg 6.8.2 built from ports, dri driver
> package built from ports, based on a cvs snap from 7/19/2005.
>
> FreeBSD is seeing the card as dri capable:
> drm0: <Rage Mobility P/M> port 0x1800-0x18ff mem
> 0xfd000000-0xfdffffff,0xfc103000-0xfc103fff irq 9 at device 20.0 on
> pci0
> info: [drm] Initialized mach64 1.0.0 20020904 on minor 0
>
> xorg however never seems to load dri even though it is conf'd to do
> so.  I have my dmesg/conf/logs at http://test.x386.net/x11 and can
> post more info as needed.  The laptop in question is a Fujitsu
> Lifebook P2040 if that helps.
>
> Joshua Coombs

No suggestions eh?  Drat.

Anyone care to offer a description on mmio_cache and test_mmio_cache?
I can't find them in r128 or Radeon man page, nor can I find an ATi
driver man page.  Just curious if there is any potential gain or if I
should avoid those like the plague with my mach_64 derived video?

Joshua Coombs