Xegl lives!

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Wed May 25 18:47:36 PDT 2005

> OpenGL-ES is designed to run on the ARM. That flavor of OpenGL
> supports integer only operation. There are several OpenGL-ES stacks
> for the ARM but none are free. Xgl should run on OpenGL-ES but it may
> need some tweaks.

What OpenGL interfaces does OpenGL have that OpenGL-ES doesn't? is
glitz targeted at OpenGL rather than OpenGL-ES, if I take a commerical
OpenGL-ES implementation and add the screen setup stuff will it work?

it's just something that popped into my head, does OpenGL-ES provide
full OpenGL interface and just add its own stuff like a glx/agl/wgl or
is it a modified OpenGL interface?

I'd hate to be calling our project egl when it is more egl-like than egl...

Dave.