Xegl lives!

Jim Gettys Jim.Gettys at hp.com
Tue May 24 08:30:41 PDT 2005

Jon,

KAA uses fbdev, and does not do the evil of XAA.  It does not do mode
selection, or mess with the PCI configuration.

It does mess with the graphics chip directly, as X server's have since
time immemorial....

Zack's been doing some good stuff speeding up software compositing,
which should see the light of day, so while I understand your
impatience, his priorities are reasonable (and we still need software
fallback for compositing to run at finite speed...).
				- Jim