Keyboard mapping

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Sun May 22 17:25:05 PDT 2005

On 5/22/05, Adam Jackson <ajax at nwnk.net> wrote:
> Have you considered looking at
> programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/input/evdev/evdev.c ?  It bears a striking
> resemblance to xglinput.c.

I didn't know about that and I am looking at it now. I see there is a
version in  xserver/hw/kdrive/linux/evdev.c too.

I know how the evdev interface works, what I don't know is how to wire
it into the Xgl server code. I'm also unclear on how Xevents get
generated out of input drivers. I have little knowledge of how input
drivers in X work but I'll keep poking around until I figure out how
they work.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com