saving window size and position

Anton Markov anton at truxtar.com
Sun May 22 11:29:45 PDT 2005

On Friday 06 May 2005 03:23, Regatta wrote:
> Hi
>

> Is there any special setting that can make xorg save any window setting
> (size and position) after I reopen it again)  ? does this depend in the
> application or in xorg ?

I don't think X.org can do that; it is up to the window manager to deal with
things like position of windows ( you can't even move windows with X.org
alone ).

Recent versions of KWin (KDE's window manager) let you store window positions,
sizes and a top of other settings. I am sure most other toolkits/environments
have similar options.

> Another question, what if the application opened remotely from a solaris
> box ?, does it save the size and position of the windows ?

Would probably depend on your window manager. But I don't see why not (X.org
is supposed to be network transparent).

--
Anton Markov <("anton.markov" + "@gmail" + ".com")>

GnuPG Key fingerprint =
5546 A6E2 1FFB 9BB8 15C3  CE34 46B7 8D93 3AD1 44B4

"LINUX - MAY THE SOURCE BE WITH YOU" - unknown

--
Anton Markov <("anton" + "@" + "truxtar" + "." + "com")>