Not able to make Intel Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express (rev 03) work with X 6.8.2

Andreas Schildbach andreas at schildbach.de
Sat May 21 05:06:39 PDT 2005

Matej Cepl wrote:

> Thanks for the help, but I will then rather stay with VESA driver, until
> this snapshot will be released and debianized -- do you have any idea when
> it could happen (I mean releasing, you have no word over Debianization, I
> suppose)?

You could also switch to Ubuntu Linux, which is based on Debian and has
xorg 6.8.2 packaged as its standard X server.

But be prepared to face other problems with the 915 chipset as Linux
support is tightly coupled to the BIOS capabilities. Have a look at
"915resolution" and this thread:

Regards,

Andreas