Looking for Grpahic Card which supports Rotating CCW with Acceleration, DVI Output and XV support

Jeff Drouin undergroundman at 2357.org
Thu May 12 07:01:46 PDT 2005

Glad to hear it's working for you. Rotation is such a useful feature, I can't
believe it's not more popular.

As you suggested in a previous email, it would be great to have rotation in
init3 or to set CCW as a systemwide default, but I'm just thrilled to finally
have a working version XRandR.

Jeff

|| On Thursday 12 May 2005 09:52, Thomas Glanzmann wrote:
Hello,

> If I understood it right... now you have hardware acceleration even with
> rotation enabled on nvidia card??

as Jeff already pointed out: Yes. I have. It kicks asses. :-) The only
thing I dislike at the moment is that I have no *classic* xoverlay. So I
can't watch a video using mplayer and xv and put a xterm with the
overlay color over mplayer and have a real transparent background. But I
can live with that.

It scrolls fast. The xv replacement from nvidia (which is transparent to
at least mplayer; the only xv application I use at the moment) seems to
be fast, to watching videos as 1600x1200 or vice versa is fast. And
scrolling in fullscreen xterm/acroread is very quick. With the free nv
driver and using CCW you could watch how the screen was updated from the
right to the left (when rotatet left). This is gone.

	Thomas