Trident CyberBladeXP4 status?

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue May 10 12:32:11 PDT 2005

AD> I'm not familiar with the trident engine, but it's pretty simple.
AD> MMIO_OUT32 is writing a 32 bit value to register 0x2154.

Yeah, I understand the code well enough but unfortunately I don't know
where the 0x2154 came from.  It doesn't seem to pair up with anything
in the PDF file you pointed out.  However, that same value is
referenced in blade_accel.c and image_accel.c, which gives me hope
that it's consistent across the line.  Figuring out how that
corresponds to the documented registers would let me start tracing the
entire engine initialization sequence.

But after more reading I think 0x2100 is the base address of the
graphics engine, because GEbase+0x20 is the status reguster and that's
defined as BLADE_GE_STATUS.  So I'll work from there.

 - J<