Trident CyberBladeXP4 status?

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue May 10 10:13:31 PDT 2005

AD> FWIW, the VIA PLE133 datasheet has documentation on the integrated
AD> trident chip.  It's not the xp4, but I'd imagine the chips are
AD> pretty similar.

Anyone know what the driver identifies this chip as?  I would like
read the data sheet and "follow along" in the driver.

A nice start would be to figure out what some of the magic numbers in
xp_accel.c are.  For example, the accelerator XPInitializeAccelerator
does:

    MMIO_OUT32(pTrident->IOBase, 0x2154, (pScrn->displayWidth) << shift);
    MMIO_OUT32(pTrident->IOBase, 0x2150, (pScrn->displayWidth) << shift);
    MMIO_OUT8(pTrident->IOBase, 0x2126, 3);

but I'm having no luck understanding where those numbers come from.

 - J<