Trident CyberBladeXP4 status?

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue May 10 07:01:16 PDT 2005

AH> You could try hacking on the xp_accel.c file, and see what does or
AH> doesn't work.

So I set up a basic development environment on two machines and tried
a couple of things:

Just turning on acceleration in trident_driver.c resulted in no image
and a hard hang; the log showed that the blitter was timing out.

Additionally editing xp_accel.c to comment out storing all of the
function pointers and just leaving in the accelerator initialization
(XPInitializeAccelerator, XPAccelInit, XPSync) resulted in a garbled
screen that persists even in text mode.  It doesn't kill the machine,
which is a start.

Is that as far as I can go?  I think I'm starting to get a grasp of
how the drivers are put together.  If only I knew what bits to stuff
where.

 - J<