Deprecated components

Alan Hourihane alanh at fairlite.demon.co.uk
Tue May 10 03:53:32 PDT 2005

On Sun, May 08, 2005 at 03:50:16PM -0700, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> Since we've come to consensus on DPS, I stuck a note on its impending
> demise in the Release Notes for the next release, so there's no argument
> over us not making our intentions clear.
>
> I created a new section to list all deprecated and/or to-be-removed
> components, but so far DPS is the only one there.   What else should
> be listed?
>
> Off the top of my head:
>
>   - Xsun - deprecated, not built by default in 6.8 & later, to be removed
> 	 in 7.0?
>
>   - cfb* - deprecated, but not yet planned for removal?

cfb is still used by the overlay code in hw/xfree86/xf8_32bpp and probably
some of the other directories too. The problem here stemming from the
fact that the cfb8 and cfb32 namespaces allow us to intermingle the two,
whereas we need to fix up fb to handle these cases if we are to deprecate
cfb.

Alan.