Some Obscure Problem

Jerome Glisse j.glisse at gmail.com
Mon May 9 14:16:01 PDT 2005

>I also tried fbdev driver for my system and it worked and there is no problem
>except it only works in 640*480*8. There is some problem regarding resolution
>between fb driver and X. But the important point here is that I can
read the characters.
> the cause. My last suspection is endiannes? I am stuck here. If you the guys
> can help, I am very grateful...

I think we face the same problem visual problem with r300 & 2d acceleration.
Having a picture (even digital camera could help a lot to see it exactly :))

Something like this  ?
http://dj.planet-d.net/Capture.png

Thus if it's same problem it's simply a endianness issue. If you see
not artifact
in 640*480*8 this is most likely because this is a 8bits modes...
Unfortunetly i couldn't be of more help. I hope this could lead you in the
right way.

Jerome Glisse