Trident CyberBladeXP4 status?

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Wed May 4 07:47:42 PDT 2005

I recently recommended a Toshiba R100 laptop to a faculty member
because it looked like all of the hardware was supported.  I guess I
made the bogus assumption that with everything else being Intel, the
graphics would be as well.  Instead I get a CyberBladeXP4m32.

Poking around in trident_driver.c, I see:

        case CYBERBLADEXP4:
            pTrident->ddc1Read = Tridentddc1Read;
            ramtype = "SGRAM";
            pTrident->HasSGRAM = TRUE;
            pTrident->IsCyber = TRUE;
            pTrident->shadowNew = TRUE;
            pTrident->NoAccel = TRUE; /* for now */
            Support24bpp = TRUE;
            chipset = "CyberBladeXP4";
            pTrident->NewClockCode = TRUE;
            pTrident->frequency = NTSC;
            break;

So there's no acceleration and it really shows.  The "for now" comment
gives some hope that perhaps someone has something in the works.  Any
chance of that?  I'm happy to test or hack about to the best of my
quite limited ability.

 - J<