Radeon DRM GART mapping bogosity

Jerome Glisse j.glisse at gmail.com
Tue May 3 01:41:52 PDT 2005

> Now, the setting above has to be done the most intelligently you can
> based on 1) do you need 2 apertures with different swapper settings
> (typical of BE machines) or not, 2) what is your CONFIG_APER_SIZE
> strapping vs. how much VRAM you have ... You can see both kind of setups
> on Mac cards.

Thx a lot for your explanation. A little question why 2 apertures are more
typical on BE devices ? Having 2 apertures is the best way to handle
dual head, isn't it (one for each head) ?

If my memory isn't too corrupted you said that stupid pc card
haven't CONFIG_APER_SIZE set to half of memory, does this
really matter (I guess that this push you to map aperture to same
area) ?

Jerome Glisse