Xvnc with RENDER - almost working

Peter Åstrand astrand at cendio.se
Thu Mar 31 03:35:43 PST 2005

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, Tim Waugh wrote:

> I am using your patch for render support in the Fedora Core
> development RPM package of vnc, and it works quite well so far.
>
> There are display glitches with it though.  Occasionally, when
> switching windows, some horizontal bar-shaped areas are not redrawn
> correctly. 'F8->Refresh screen' always seems to redraw them correctly.

I've been able to reproduce this problem now. For me, it only happens in
the GNOME environment, not in KDE. Xvnc gives error messages like:

ComparingUpdateTracker: rect outside fb (-47,76-171,89)

The problem seems to be that vncHooksComposite is sometimes called with a
negative xDst argument. I suppose the caller is to blame. Anyone knows why
this might happen?

Anyway, a simply argument validation, at the beginning of
vncHooksComposite, seems to fix the problem:

   if ((xDst < 0) || (yDst < 0))
       return;

Regards,
--