Building 32-bit server on 64-bit system?

Ian Romanick idr at us.ibm.com
Wed Mar 30 18:06:56 PST 2005

Is there a known incantation, short of using a cross-compiler, to build
a 32-bit i386 server on an 64-bit x86-64 system?

I tried setting CcCmd (and CplusplusCmd) to "gcc -m32", adding #undef
AMD64Architecture, and adding #define i386Architecture to my hosts.def.
  After copying libfl.a from a 32-bit system to /usr/lib, I can get
things most of the way built.  However, I'm now hitting problems with
the freetype2 and fontconfig libraries.

I figure that *someone* must have already gone through this exercise
once by now.

/me wants a modularized libglx and libGLcore. :(