Broken xorg-server 6.8.2 FreeBSD on Ultra 2

Michael G. Jung mikej at confluenttech.com
Tue Mar 29 11:39:13 PST 2005

Hello:

I am having problems getting 6.8.2 working on FreeBSD-Current
on Ultra 2.  I've built the port with and without the
UseDeprecatedKeyboardDriver definition.

Testing with xev I ended up with these scancodes
(key->keycode) a->85, b->199, c->193,
1->38, 2->39, 3->40.

The keyboard works fine outside of X.

X Window System Version 6.8.2
Release Date: 9 February 2005
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 6.8.2
Build Operating System: FreeBSD 6.0 sparc64 [ELF]
Current Operating System: FreeBSD dual2.mikej.com 6.0-CURRENT FreeBSD
6.0-CURRENT #2: Fri Mar 18 08:49:45 EST 2005
root at dual2.mikej.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/DUAL2-2 sparc64
Build Date: 29 March 2005
        Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.X.Org
Module Loader present

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "X.org Configured"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "kbd"
        Option "XkbRules"   "xorg"
        Option "XkbModel"   "pc104"
        Option "XkbLayout"  "us"
EndSection

Thanks!

--mikej
Michael Jung

p.s. I did get 6.8.1 to work but had to apply patch
http://www.ijs.si/~lesi/xorg/patch-kbd_sparc_2.c