trident XP4

Mathieu Lacage Mathieu.Lacage at sophia.inria.fr
Thu Mar 24 03:59:51 PST 2005

hi,

A while ago, I posted an email asking for help on getting 2D hw accel to
work on a trident XP4 (used in some toshiba laptops, mine being a R100).
So far, progress has been pretty slow: I am still trying to figure out
the relationship between the actual trident driver for the XP2 cards and
the information provided by the VIA datasheet for their VT8601A north
bridges (http://www.viavpsd.com/product/6/15/DS8601A182.pdf). Actually,
any hints on this relationship is welcome :)

For now, I am looking into whether or not there is a way to capture the
way the windows drivers access the chip. I have little to no experience
working on windows computers so, I would be really happy if someone
could tell me whether there exist tools which can capture every driver
access to a video card on windows (other than a digital oscilloscope to
hook on a PCI or AGP bus which is quite hard on a laptop motherboard)
and if there exist such a thing, where I could find one on the internet.

thanks,
Mathieu