Possible TGA2 support?

Tomasz Mloduchowski qdottbm at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 23:02:13 PST 2005

I'm quite eager to try - it's not a blocking problem, as I can put in
(running now) some S3-based card, and it will work.

However I feel like soon we will see a lot of modern Alphas hitting
and flooding ebay - with demise of windows NT linux or *BSD are only
OS in cost range of enthusiasts - and general performance of the box
is quite good as for 600MHz box.

Also, according to DEC-provided leaflet I got with this box (second
hand) TGA2 performs better in 2d operations than Voodoo3, so it's by
no means a crappy card. Add maximum supported resolution of 2048x1576
and fast data bus.

And, this card may work in PC computers (probably) - at least the ones
with PCI64 bus (some PII-PIII server boards - again, hitting ebay now)

So, anyway, I'd be happy to try, but I quite newb in the area.

Tomasz