RandR (etc) DriverFunc

Jim Gettys Jim.Gettys at hp.com
Fri Mar 18 08:15:56 PST 2005

Note that the kdrive and XAA implementations of RandR differ.

IIRC, resizing the actual frame buffer size in XAA would have presented
a bunch of problems (Keith, do you remember exactly what?).  The cost of
leaving things alone is not recovering frame buffer space, and inability
to resize to a larger than initial root window size.

Kdrive's implementation (which does not support virtual screens) is
"correct".
				- Jim