Turning off mouse pointer graphic

Dermot McGahon dermot at dspsrv.com
Sun Mar 13 04:12:13 PST 2005

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 15:06:08 -0000, Dermot McGahon <dermot at dspsrv.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For a touchscreen based system, we are using the xorg 6.7
> rpm that came with Fedora Core 2. I would like to remove the
> mouse cursor graphic as it is extraneous for a touchscreen
> based system. How can I do it?
>
> I have seen this question asked before and barely recall that
> the answers received were:
>
>    - It can't be done
>    - Edit an xpm within the xserver (where?) to blank the graphic
>    - Something to do with hw/sw cursors that I don't understand.

To follow up on this. An ideal solution would allow the mouse
cursor to be shown, or not shown, dynamically - something like
an xset command for mouse cursor.

A similar problem is touchscreen drivers that allow to disable
drag events using an option in the xorg.conf. It currently isn't
possible (without restarting the X server) to selectively enable
drag events.

Dermot.