Announcement: New lists.x.org GNU mailman list infrastructure

Mike A. Harris mharris at lists.x.org
Fri Mar 11 11:42:44 PST 2005

I am pleased to announce to the community that the X.Org
Foundation has recently approved the creation of a new
mailing list host "lists.x.org", which will now host various
X.Org mailing lists using the popular GNU Mailman software.

I would like to extend a warm welcome to the community and
invite interested parties to participate in the new lists.x.org
mailing lists.

To see the list of available mailing lists, to get more
information about a particular list, or to manage your list
subscriptions and preferences, you may visit:

Individual mailing lists hosted on lists.x.org are administered
by their respective list admins.  If you have any technical
problems related to a specific list, you can contact that list's
admin by sending an email to "<listname>-owner at lists.x.org",
where <listname> is the name of the particular mailing list.

In order to request the creation of new mailing lists on
lists.x.org, or to report site-wide problems with the mailman
software, etc., please send an email to the mailman
administrator at <mailman at lists.x.org>.  Emails received will
be handled on a best effort basis, as soon as time permits, but
generally within two business days, so please be patient.

I would like to take this time to give personal thanks to Paul
Anderson, Kevin Martin, Leon Shiman, and the X.Org Foundation
for making this new mailing list infrastructure possible.  I'd
also like to give thanks to Daniel Stone for his administrative
efforts in getting the software side of things up and running
smoothly, and resolving issues that came up very quickly.

Welcome to the new lists everyone!