Problems building X11R6.8.2

Robert Terek Robert.Terek at Sun.COM
Wed Mar 9 15:14:42 PST 2005

I downloaded the first 3 tar files for the latest distro:

  X11R6.8.2-src1.tar.gz
  X11R6.8.2-src2.tar.gz
  X11R6.8.2-src3.tar.gz

and made my own config/cf/host.def file, derived from xorgsite.def,
as per the instructions. Then I did a "make World".

The first problem I encountered was doc/hardcopy not existing.
The file config/cf/X11.tmpl seems to have been modified:

  #define InstallHardcopyDocs     YES

it used to be NO. Ok, so I set it to NO in my host.def and
got past that problem.

Now the build breaks in programs/Xserver/fb:

  fbpseudocolor.c:74: parse error before "GlyphListPtr"
  fbpseudocolor.c:70: warning: `xxComposite' declared `static' but never defined
  fbpseudocolor.c:74: warning: `xxGlyphs' declared `static' but never defined
  make[5]: *** [fbpseudocolor.o] Error 1

This is because I have turned off RENDER in my host.def:

  #define BuildRender NO

Is this by design? Can the fb layer no longer be built without RENDER?
I used to be able to build it without RENDER in 6.7.something.

Thanks,

--
Bob Terek
Sun Ray Development