X needs 99% CPU with gravitywars on radeon 9200

Dominique Dumont domi.dumont at free.fr
Sun Mar 6 11:50:25 PST 2005

Michel Dänzer <michel at daenzer.net> writes:

> And gravitywars isn't playable like this?

With xorg, the X process starves gravitywars. Only a few % of the CPU
are left to the game which is then not playable.

> Might not be directly related then... FWIW though, what results does
> this give on XFree86?

Roughly the same results as xorg:

$ x11perf -shmput500
x11perf - X11 performance program, version 1.5
The XFree86 Project, Inc server version 40300001 on :0.0
from gandalf
Sun Mar  6 20:47:20 2005

Sync time adjustment is 0.0376 msecs.

   2800 reps @   1.9493 msec (   513.0/sec): ShmPutImage 500x500 square
   2800 reps @   1.9291 msec (   518.0/sec): ShmPutImage 500x500 square
   2800 reps @   1.9522 msec (   512.0/sec): ShmPutImage 500x500 square
   2800 reps @   1.9474 msec (   514.0/sec): ShmPutImage 500x500 square
   2800 reps @   1.9546 msec (   512.0/sec): ShmPutImage 500x500 square
  14000 trep @   1.9465 msec (   514.0/sec): ShmPutImage 500x500 square

Cheers

PS: Sorry for the late reply, I'm also working on debugging my dvb
card, which is not a walk in the park...