libddc.a

Bora Sahin bora.sahin at ttnet.net.tr
Fri Jun 17 08:52:35 PDT 2005

Hi,

Friday, June 17, 2005, 4:18:40 PM, you wrote:

Egbert> Bora Sahin writes:

 >> Egbert> No - with vbe it could be done pretty generically. Howerver vbe requires
 >> Egbert> structures set up by the driver.
 >>
 >> Then, dont he use xf86DoEDID_DDC2() after loading I2C module? For example I did in a PPC based
 >> system and as it seems it works...
 >>
 >>        if (pSmi->I2C)
 >>        {
 >>           xf86SetDDCproperties(pScrn, xf86PrintEDID(xf86DoEDID_DDC2(pScrn->scrnIndex, pSmi->I2C)));
 >>        }

Egbert> You only need the I2C module for DDC when you don't go thru the VESA BIOS.

Yes, ok...

Egbert> On most PPC platforms (those with open firmware) this will not work, though. So you either
Egbert> need an open firmware interface

My PPC cpu is an embedded one: 405EP and firmware is U-Boot.

Egbert> or you need to write the chipset specific part to bang the i2c lines.

Yes, I think you mean I2CPtr->I2CPutBits & I2CPtr->I2CGetBits for clock an data. The driver I
use(Silicon Motion) sets this functions correctly.

So when we come to the original poster's question, if I dont understand the subject wrongly, he can
do DDC just using libddc.a after loading and setting I2C?

--
Bora SAHIN