recent changes to Xgl

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 21:16:11 PDT 2005

On 6/7/05, David Reveman <davidr at novell.com> wrote:
> Xgl still doesn't work if compiled with GLX support when using DRI as
> native GL stack. Some conflicts between glcore and DRI. I haven't had
> the time to dig into this any further but last time I checked Xgl seg
> faulted somewhere in glitz after the DRI stack returned NULL from
> glGetString(GL_EXTENSIONS). If someone likes to have a look at this,
> that would be much appreciated.

The gl functions go into glapitemp. Then they jump to the noop
versions of the functions. This is controlled by the dispatch table.
So something is wrong with the dispatch mechanism for local users of
the gl entry points.

Somewhere there must be a dispatch table for remote GLX calls versus
the local ones. My guess would be that neither of these are getting
activated and you are just defaulting into the all noop one. It is not
clear to me if the noop dispatch table being hit is generated from the
mesa library or GLX code.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com