slides from my talk at DDC

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Sat Jul 30 09:31:55 PDT 2005

On Friday, July 29, 2005 11:00 pm, Dave Airlie wrote:
> I've just started a wiki page at http://wiki.x.org/wiki/ModeSetting
>
> I'd like to get the API requirements list to be complete first, and
> solve any open questions on the API, the initial implementation isn't
> something we need to worry about yet... I'm all about APIs :-)

Regarding hotplug of screens, should the modesetting library deal with
that at all?  Or should there be another agent that receives hotplug
events and polls for new displays?  At the very least, the modesetting
library should have a small core that just takes a device, screen, and
mode and does the actual mode set (after asking for memory from DRM and
making sure the screen won't be damaged of course).  Screen enumeration
and tracking seem somewhat orthogonal to the actual mode setting.

Jesse