Odd behavior with Radeon DRI and composite

Anthony Romano dominatus at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 16:01:26 PDT 2005

I understand its not fully working yet, Im just trying to see why this is
happening

Upon booting X with the radeon OSS driver and DRI and composite enabled, all
is well.

If, however, I start a GL based app, like glxgears, composite slows to a
crawl.

If I restart xcompmgr it sometimes fixes it

If I launch the game Chromium, which uses GL it will kill the xcompmgr for
me. If I restart it right after this game it willl *always* work just fine.

It's as if the game "resets" the card in a way that brings it back to its
original state when I booted X. In a way that restarting xcompmgr only
sometimes (randomly?) does. Any explanations? Thanks!