Input Devices (was: Re: [Xgl/Xegl] Input Devices )

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 13:10:35 PDT 2005

On 7/27/05, Jim Gettys <Jim.Gettys at hp.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 15:19 -0400, Jon Smirl wrote:
>
> > I would much rather see multiple users handled by multiple servers.
> > The security implications of multiple users in the same server is very
> > complex.
>
> You don't get close collaboration without pretty intimate relationships:
> e.g. cut and paste has to work to be useful, and people need to share
> real-estate without problems.  Eamon Walsh's work gives us a good place
> to start, and it is needed for the MLS case.

I wasn't clear. I meant when there are multiple users, each using a
different screen, they should each get their own X server. You would
not want cut/paste to work between screens in this case. Each of these
users are completely independent of each other - as if they were on
different machines.

Multiple users on the same screen will obviously need some Xserver help.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com