Problems with DVI+LCD on IBM ThinkPad T42p (ATI Technologies Inc M10 NT [FireGL Mobility T2])

Martin Knoblauch spamtrap at knobisoft.de
Tue Jul 26 08:45:46 PDT 2005

--- Michel Dänzer <michel at daenzer.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 09:46 -0400, Alex Deucher wrote:

> comes
>
> 'TDMS' is not a valid value for Option "MonitorLayout", so the driver
> probably does autodetection, and as Alex explained, it can only use
> either LVDS or TMDS at this point.

 Oops. I have to try the correct spelling. Thanks for pointing it out.

> FWIW, that should be fixed in the upcoming 8.16 release.

 At least it would bring HW acceleration.

> More explicitly, the Option "MonitorLayout" you're using forces the
> driver to use TMDS, even if the DVI panel isn't connected.

 Sure.

> BTW, this doesn't have anything to do with 'the overlay plane', the
> internal LVDS panel probably just doesn't like being driven as if it
> were TMDS... The fact that screenshots look fine doesn't tell you
> anything more than that the data is correct in the framebuffer.

 OK, if it is not the overlay planes, what else could be "corrupted"?

> PS: The radeon driver doesn't understand Option "DesktopSetup", so
> I'm
> not sure how that would make any difference...

 Bad day today. This one is really stupid. I guess I just got confused
by to many config file variants...

Cheers
Martin