start of some pci cleanups

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Tue Jul 19 11:21:20 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 00:24 +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:
> This is a first patch that cleans up some PCI interfaces, we don't
> have any idea about domains at the normal level of the driver, I think
> we should at least add the idea.
>
> http://people.freedesktop.org/~airlied/change_pci_interface.diff
>
> This just adds pci domain to the pcibusid struct and passes the
> PciBusId struct around instead of passing bus,dev,func triplets.
>
> For my next trick, I'd like to fix the xf86MapPciMem entry point to
> take a pciVideoPtr, so that we can figure out the file in
> /proc/bus/pci or /sys on Linux that is needed and mmap it rather than
> using /dev/mem which is something that I'd like to stop doing.

We also need to keep track around of why PCI device is using the legacy
VGA IOs and use a per device (in fact per domain, but it's
simpler/better to treat it per device instance in X) IO base for
architectures that do IOs using MMIO to some special regions of the
physical address space. You have different IO busses on different
domains.

Ben.